Carved at the Castle
Stonemasonry School with the Rock Stone Masonry
New courses available for booking with the Rockstone Masonry at Carved at the Castle.
- V-Cut Letter Carving
- Lime Pointing Course
- Dry Stone Walling Course
- Random Rubble Walling
- Maintenance of Historic and Listed Buildings
The Rockstone Masonry
Our classes are open to anyone; walling classes involve lifting and manual labour howver, you will not be expected to exceed what you are comfortable with, do however be aware that these classes can and will involve uneven hilly ground at times to get to locations, some allowances can be made for specific disabiltiies if we are notified in advance. Attendees under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Care is needed when lifting, handling and working with stone to avaid back, hand, foot and eye injuries,a brief safety instruction and guidience deomonstration will be given at each class.
- Courses run from 9am to 3pm
- Parking available on site
- Toilet Facilities will be provided
- There is a cafe on site, however this can be busy at times, so we would encourage you to bring your own lunch
- First aid trained staff wil be on site
- Any significant medical issue must be declared at the begnning of the day
What is Included?
- All tools and materials are provided and available for purchase
- PPE will be provided however, you may wish to bring your own heavy-duty work gloves or perscription safety glasses
- You will receive an Attendance Certificate at the end of your course
Things you’ll need to bring for the walling and lime mortar courses
- Durable outdoor clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty or wet
- Sun cream and hat for those rare sunny days
- Sturdy and strong boots (lightweight trainers and ordinary shoes are not suitable)